The General Manager (GM) is responsible and accountable for all restaurant activities, and assumes complete responsibility for the restaurant as necessary. The GM works to ensure that all activities are consistent with and supportive of the restaurant’s business plan. The GM ensures all employees (shift leader and crew persons) are performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job descriptions.
Total Customer Satisfaction
- The GM consistently provides a quality product and customer service experience that delivers total customer satisfaction. He or she models and creates an environment in which the customer is always right; ensures a positive customer service experience.
- The GM responds positively and quickly to customer concerns. He or she corrects potential problems before they affect customers.
- The GM hires high quality people who demonstrate and ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all employees are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction. Evaluates each employee’s ability to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintains restaurant at the level necessary to meet or exceed the company standards for Quality, Service and Cleanliness (QSC).
- Utilizes labor effectively to meet budgets while ensuring high quality of QSC.
Training and Development
The GM continuously improves the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees. He or she treats the employees with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire team does the same.
The GM effectively utilizes all training programs from new employee orientation up to and including management training classes.
The GM prepares qualified employees for promotion to the next position. He or she continually develops adequate numbers of shift leaders to meet the objective of the business plan.
The GM evaluates each employee’s performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations. The GM holds the employees accountable for performance. The GM makes tough decisions regarding all performance related issues in the restaurant; confronts poor performance.
Effective Business Management
The GM maximizes financial performance and profit.
The GM develops and executes the business plan (key elements include: fiscal responsibilities, manpower planning and local restaurant marketing) for the restaurant. Achieves results by planning, communicating, delegating and following up.
Executes company wide marketing programs; initiates programs on time, correctly and with minimal direction.
Identifies and develops local restaurant marketing strategies to maximize sales.
Appropriate and Fair Business Practices
The GM ensures business and personnel practices are within the law and consistent with policies and procedures.
The GM serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
Enforces all labor laws (federal, state and local).
Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees.
High school diploma or equivalent. College Degree preferable. Good verbal and written communication skills; is capable of communicating effectively with customers and co-workers; bi-lingual skills a plus.
3-5 years in management positions (preferably restaurant experience, including full service, fast food or convenience). Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
License and Insurance:
Must have reliable personal transportation, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Must have a telephone or other reliable method of communicating with all employees. Must be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Maintains an open door policy.
Able to work a minimum of 45 hours per week; able to work flexible hours necessary to manage and operate the restaurant effectively.